Hostel Name and Address: Sawasdee House, 147 Soi Rambuttri, Bangkok, Thailand
Contact Details: Phone:+66 2 281 8138 or you can book through www.booking.com (like we did)
Room Details: Superior Double Room with air conditioning, en suite bathroom with hot water and cable TV
Price per night: We paid 790 Baht for this room in Mid December. After checking the prices for this type of room on their website it has now gone up to 950 Baht, but Standard Double/ Twin rooms still with private bathroom are available for 850 Baht and for Twin Rooms with shared bathrooms you would be looking at 620 Baht
Pro’s of Sawasdee House
- Most comfortable bed…………………EVER!
- Close to Khaosan Road (If that’s your kind of thing)
- Located on Soi Rambuttri – the more attractive, better behaved brother to Khaosan
- Despite the location the room was quiet
- The bar and restaurant attached to the Guest House had a great atmosphere
- Had a combination safe in the room
- Free WiFi
- Laundry Service
- Minivan service from Guest House to most destinations in Thailand (Expensive compared to going to the Bus Stop yourself)
Con’s of Sawasdee House
- Close to Khaosan Road (If that’s not your kind of thing)
- Food and drinks were expensive compared to bars nearby
- The staff were not very attentive or friendly
- We had to pay to store our bags after check out
- Far away from the Airport and Train Station
Marks out of 10 – 7/10 (We would have given it 8 out of 10 had the staff smiled once in a while)
Would we stay there again?
Yes, we already have. We are not there for the smiles, the beds sold it for us!
We are heading back to Bangkok early Feb, we are done with Khaosan Road area, does anyone have any recommendations for accommodation nearer to Siam, Silom or Sukhumvit??